[Spring 2015 Lecture Series] (http://one.arch.tamu.edu/news/2015/1/15/health-facility-design/)
The Spring 2015 Architecture-for-Health Lecture Series at Texas A&M University, " [Toward Improved Healthy Environments and Health Facilities Design in Latin America and the Caribbean] (http://one.arch.tamu.edu/news/2015/1/15/health-facility-design/) ,” features weekly presentations by experts from multiple disciplines who have successfully undertaken health-related projects in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Donors, Patrons & Sponsors
The lecture series is made possible by the generous support of College of Architecture Outstanding Alumni Ronald L. Skaggs, chairman emeritus, and Joseph G. Sprague, principal and senior vice president, and Craig Beale, executive vice president and global healthcare director, all of [HKS Inc.] (http://www.hksinc.com/)
Ronald L. Skaggs, FAIA, FACHA, FHFI, LEED® AP, is an adjunct professor of architecture at the Texas A&M College of Architecture and donor of the Ronald L. and Sondra Skaggs Endowed Professor in Health Facilities Design and The Skaggs-Sprague Endowed Chair in Health Facilities Design. He is also a distinguished alumnus of Texas A&M.
Joseph G. Sprague, FAIA, FACHA, FHFI, is a principal and senior vice president, HKS Inc; president, Facility Guidelines Institute; past president of the ACHA-American College of Healthcare Architects and donor of the Skaggs-Sprague Endowed Chair in Health Facilities Design.
Craig Beale FAIA, FACHA,FACHE, LEED AP, executive vice president and global healthcare director at HKS, is the donor of the Craig & Julie Beale Endowed Professor of Health Facililties Design and of funds to the Student Health Environments Association.
The lecture series is coordinated by George J. Mann, AIA, the Ronald L. Skaggs Endowed Professor of Health Facilities Design, and presented by a collaboration of the
Zhipeng Lu, a lecturer in the Department of Architecture at Texas A&M, and Judy Pruitt, administrative assistant with the Center for Health Systems & Design, assist Mann with the coordination of the lecture series.
CHSD Faculty Fellows Prof. Kirk Hamilton (interim director), Dr. Elton Abbott, Dr. Sherry Bame, Dr. Liliana Beltran, Dr. Geoffrey Booth, Dr. Ruzica Bozovic-Stamenovic, Dr. John Bryant, Dr. Paul K. Carlton, Dr. Minyoung Seo Cerruti, Dr. Charles Culp, Dr. Michael Duffy, Dr. Thomas K. Ferris, Dr. Debra Harris, Dr. Chang-Shan Huang, Dr. Sarel Lavy, Dr. Chanam Lee, Dr. Zhipeng Lu, Prof. George J. Mann, Dr. Ranjita Misra, Dr. Marcia Ory, Dr. Susan Rodiek, Dr. Zofia Rybkowski, Dr. Lou Tassinary, Dr. James Varni, Dr. Judith Warren, Prof. Ward Wells, Dr. Xuemei Zhu, Professor Rodney Hill, Dr. Mardelle McCuskey Shepley, Dr. Jun Hyun Kim, Dr. Macharia Waruingi, Brett Trusco, Professor Bruce Dvorak, U. Smart Ekanem, Emmanuel Umoh, Dr. Eric Bardenhagen, Dr. Forster Ndubisi, Dr. Galen Newman, Dr. James Burdine, Jean Njoroge, Dr. Jinsil Hwaryoung Seo, Dr. Jon Rodiek, Dr. Mark Avnet, Dr. Ming-Han Li, Warren Kerr and Tammy Thompson.
2014 - 2015 SHEA - Students Health Environments Association officers are: Lucy Bai, president; Fei Huang, vice-president; Shaghayegh Taheri, treasurer, Qianqian Zhang, secretary; Jacob Ritchie, marketing; Yilin Song, student Ph.D. representative; Fangfei Li, Mario Serna and Yingchen Liu, graduate student representatives; Sepeede Rastergarpanah, Landcape Architecture and Urban Planning representative and Jessica Sovereen, undergraduate representative.
• [Texas A&M University Health Science Center College of Medicine] (http://medicine.tamhsc.edu/)
• [Texas A&M University Health Science Center School of Rural Public Health] (http://sph.tamhsc.edu/)
• [Texas A&M University] (http://www.tamu.edu/)
• [Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine] (http://vetmed.tamu.edu/)
• Texas A&M University College of Architecture
• [Department of Architecture] (http://dept.arch.tamu.edu/)
• CHSD — [Center for Health Systems & Design] (http://chsd.arch.tamu.edu/)
• SHEA — [Student Health Environments Association] (http://shea.tamu.edu/)
• GUPHA — Global University Programs in Health Care Architecture
• HIAC — [Health Industry Advisory Council] (http://chsd.arch.tamu.edu/hiac/)
• UIA / PHG — [International Union of Architects Public Health Group] (http://www.uia-phg.org/#!mission/c1sqc)
Center for Health Systems & Design
Health Industry Advisory Council:
• [Earl Swensson Associates Inc.] (http://www.esarch.com/)
• [FKP] (http://www.fkp.com/)
• [Freeman White] (http://www.freemanwhite.com/)
• [HDR Architecture] (http://www.hdrinc.com/markets/architecture)
• [HKS Architects] (http://www.hksinc.com/)
• [Page] (http://pagethink.com/)
• [Perkins + Will] (http://perkinswill.com/)
• [RTKL Associates, Inc.] (http://www.rtkl.com/)
• [WHR Architects] (http://www.whrarchitects.com/)
• [Wingler & Sharp Architects] (http://jonathanmaxwell.wix.com/winglerandsharp3)
• [Herman Miller Healthcare] (http://www.hermanmiller.com/solutions/healthcare.html)